Sometime in late 2014 I was working sound at a funeral and had an idea for a short film – what if someone took up the offer of a “helping hand” and took it way too far? After writing a rough draft I found a cast and together we polished it up, shooting it in early 2015. The rest of that year was rough on me for some reason I can’t really put into words and I left the project shelved, aside from pulling it out to edit it for a few minutes once every few months.
Finally in 2016 things started clearing up and my headspace became a lot more clear and I was able to finish the film. At the time the Omaha Film Festival was accepting entries for it’s 2017 festival so I submitted it, thinking it probably wouldn’t get in. To my surprise they ended up accepting it for the festival, which meant it wouldn’t be publicly available until after the festival, which just wrapped up two weeks ago.
And now, nearly 2 years after we shot the film, you can watch it for the first time. Enjoy:
After an afternoon of stunt riding I had one battery left on my DJI Mavic, so I stopped by Chalco Hills Recreational Area to grab a shot of Wehrspann lake from the air.
Here is the final video of 3 I shot for the Omaha Guitar Trio. For this video they wanted it to have a live room feel so we recorded it in the living room of the home recording studio we were shooting at. Since we did the whole thing in one take the camera work is a little less dynamic, but all in all I’m still pretty happy with how it turned out.
Worked on a commercial spot for Thermal Services of Omaha the other day. Here’s a few BTS photos:
Had a great time this weekend shooting some engagement photos for RJ and Karah, two motorcycle stunt riders I’ve made videos for in the past.
This was the second of three music videos I made for the Omaha Guitar trio. I think this might be my favorite song of the videos we did. It was also the most difficult edit to complete, as we recorded the video and audio over several tracks getting the timing right on some of the intricate parts proved to be extremely difficult and required a lot of re positioning of the files to get them just right. In the end it all worked out though and I think it turned out pretty awesome.